Saturday, January 24, 2009

Heather's Tag Response


I was tagged by my niece, I'm not sure what that really means, but I was told to post the 6th picture from my 6th folder of pictures and tell the story, so Heather this is for you.
This is one of our hundreds of hospital visits to Dupont Hospital in Delaware since June of 2006. This was May of 2007. Gavin was almost 1 years old. He is still tiny and fragile looking. When Madi younger, she would spend alot of time sitting in Gavin's Crib with him either watching TV or playing. Now she has gotten so big that this doesn't happen as much. My Arm is in a sling because I had just had shoulder surgery. I was having a great deal of shoulder pain and it got to the point where it was intolerable. I went into surgery expecting to have orthoscopic surgery and have four little holes, and came out of surgery with a two inch incision and minus the end of my shoulder bone. It was following this that I discovered my love of Morphine drips. I had a Pic line and a pump and was in heaven. It also was a time in which my sisters and mother in law were wonderful, I would wake up and find one of them sitting by my bedside at home. Apparantly I was quite entertaining to those sitting there, although I don't remember any of it. Anyway, now I have the same pain in my other shoulder and the only thing that is keeping me from having the surgery again and getting the morphine pump is that my supposedly fixed shoulder still hurts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..okay if this is what it takes to get you to blog more...I think you should post the 17th picture from your 7th folder and tell a story. The number 17 has been coming up alot lately in my life..so i'm curious to see what that would mean from your end...Im so happy to see blogging more..you know how much I love to read them! Love you and miss you!!!
Jenn

Heather Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing Aunt Linda! I forgot how tiny Gavin was compared to him now, he has grown so much! Love, heather