Monday, January 19, 2009

Bless those who love us!!!!!



It has been so long since I wrote, I forgot my password. Either it really was that long, or I am just slipping into forgetfulness. I have been struggling to sit down and organize my thoughts. My darling oldest, Jenny blogged me reminding me that my "two fans (Jenny and Jim)" are looking for a new blog.

It is hard to believe that my Baby, Karen, has just celebrated her 5th wedding anniversary. Jim and I were able to spend the daywith Gavin and Madi, so they could go celebrate. We had a wonderful time with the kids, all day long, but once Karen and Adam came home and left with our little angels. Jim reminded me of what the most special part of the day was. He turned to me as we were talking and said "The best part of the day was that Karen did not call the entire time they were out." Trully, he hit it right on the mark, it warms my heart to think that they were able to have six hours to just be Karen and Adam. (If you don't know about what their life is life visit GavinOwens.blogspot.com) We had fun talking to Madi about Mommy and Daddy being out on a special anniversary date and had her giggling when we were pretending, "Oh Karen I love you, Kiss, kiss, smooch smooch, Oh Adam i love you too kiss, kiss smooch, smooch." She was laughing so hard and rolling on the floor. We had a great day of playing just the four of us. It is so hard not to tire out our little Gavi, becuase he has so much fun playing and just being a 2 1/2 year old. It is hard to remember to take breaks and have quiet time for him. We did better today at remembering to use Mommy and Daddy's words and tell him to relax. At which he drops his head to his chest and sighs. How precious.

When Karen and Adam returned home, it was so funny to hear their story about their time togeather. It is scary how much your adult children sound like your own experiences. I love my girls more than anything, but poor Adam, Jim and him have more in common then they think. Adam's attempts at romance led to responses that were probably not what Adam was expecting, ( or maybe he was and was just trying to see what would happen). Karen like her mother does not respond well to spotlights or social situations. It reminded me of so many times that Jim has tried to shower me with something loving or romantic and my response was not so typical in return. I am not a social person and my insecurites abound in a social setting. Anyway, unfortunatley like mother like daughter. But God Bless those who love us !!!!!

I have found the perfect match, someone who is the total opposite of me in many ways, yet is tolerant and accepting of my own faults even when they are so far out of what he can understand. Jim had to do a Personality Test for work the other day and he brought it home and over dinner said that he was sure that if we did it for me I would score completly opposite of him on every point. We did the test and no surprise, We are total opposites and match on nothing. If we had to depend on "Match.Com" forget it we would of never been matched 18 years ago.

Till We blog again
By the way excellent movie recommendation from someone who can never remember watching a movie and many times watches an entire movie and never knows I have just seen it the previous year. --- Calendar Girls and Gran Torino

4 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

I'm so happy you posted again! I thought you forgot about the blogosphere!

Jeff and I had to do pre-martial course and one of things was the 'big inventory test' to see what we had in common.

we failed.

hahaha, but they say opposites attract! And here we are working our way to 3 years...

Anonymous said...

yey..finally!!! This was a good one..I love reading your blog!!! Maybe one day i'll start writing on the one that I created 3 months ago (:. Love you and miss you..love Jenn

Heather Nicole said...

Okay, Jeff and I did not take a martial arts course before getting married...haha...just re-read my comment and saw my spelling mistake. Eghem...pre marital course. :)

Heather Nicole said...

Hi Aunt Linda! I tagged you...see my blog for details :) Love, heather