Thursday, November 6, 2008

For those that know me best, you know I do not start or end my days with lots of energy, I am neither a morning person nor a night person. My morning pretty much looks the same, I shuffle to do what we all do first, then slip into my slipperes and robe and pour my coffee, which if my husband knows what is best has all ready made. I then sit in my Blue Nana chair and stare out the window while I drink my energy. Now, I usually remain this way until Jim has left for work, with a kiss and minimal conversation if he knows what is best. At that point, it is suppose to be my devotional time, you know read my bible and pray. But for some reason, it turns into a session of; plans of redecorating major portions of the house, deciding to start a diet or committing to walking when I come home. This morning I realized that somehow, I have changed. When my girls were growing up, I was pretty relaxed with them playing and making a mess, but at the end of the day I was fanatical about my house being cleaned up, at times in my life I have been obsessive about the appearance of my home, washing drapes and windows every week, everything has a place and is in a place.

This morning it is Thursday, I am sitting in my favorite morning coffee chair, with my feet planted all over Go Fish cards, next to Hungry Hungry Hippos, staring at all the cushions from our outdoor furniture spread all over the floor with Dora Blankets covering them. Mind you this all occurred on Sunday during on of our weekly visit from Karen, Adam and the kids (when they are not in the hospital.) My response to this was to giggle and sigh and wish for next Sunday to come as soon as possible. It is okay, change like this is okay, it's better than what is happening to my body.!

2 comments:

Adam said...

AWWW Nana has a reminder of Madi jumping on those cushions.. Does she also remember her father yelling at her becasue she was so stinkin loud.. haha..

love your blog mom

pam said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Loved this post. I hear such glorious things about being a grandma---looking forward to it. I have loved peeking into your daughters world. Those grandkids of yours are ADORABLE. These 50's years certainly seem filled with change. I haven't experienced much of the physical body stuff yet but EVERYTHING else in life seems to have changed for us---quite a ride. Welcome to the blogging world.